John Kavanagh Reveals when Conor McGregor will return to the Octagon; Did he have a Surgery recently?

September 25, 2019
First published on:June 18, 2019
by Jack Ol

Conor McGregor posted a bandaged left-hand picture of himself in May. McGregor wrote that during a sparring session he suffered an injury but that he did not go into information as far as that injury was concerned. The former UFC champion in two parts underwent an operation, McGregor's coach John Kavanagh, revealed on Monday.

“It was sparring. I set up a spar, it was a good spar. He just clipped a guy in the back of the head and damaged his hand. But he went to see a really good hand surgeon.” 

Kavanagh told ESPN’s Ariel Helwani.

 

 
 
 
 
 
View this post on Instagram
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Intense training and sparring sessions, I will always push it to the limits. This comes off and I push on! The Proper Don! Nothing will stop me.

A post shared by Conor McGregor Official (@thenotoriousmma) on

 

Helwani questioned whether surging was needed and before adding that McGregor had been receiving treatment, Kavanagh verified that fact.

“It’s just unfortunate. It was a great spar. It was fantastic to see him moving again. He was looking really well and just clipped his hand, but he’s taking it really well. He’s taking the positive out of it. He recognizes it’s a step back, but we’re ready to take five steps forward."

SBG operator added.

He revealed McGregor would battle again, Kavanagh said.

Kavanagh referenced Nate Diaz and Justin Gaethje when asked who he would like his most renowned student to match in his return to the octagon. He added that the McGregor fought for him was not really important while the former champion was "enthusiastic and inspired and pushed hard."