Teofimo Lopez

Charleen 20 Oct,2020

Facts of Teofimo Lopez

Full Name
Teofimo Andres Lopez Rivera
Last Name
Birth Name
Teofimo Andres Lopez Rivera
First Name
Famous Name
Teofimo Rivera
Married to
Cynthia Lopez
Currently Married
Relationship Status
Teofimo Lopez sr
Jenny Lopez
Lopez Jr
No. of Instagram Followers


Career & Net worth

Net Worth
$2 Million
Professional Boxer
Started career as


Married to
Cynthia Lopez
Currently Married
Relationship Status

Teofimo Lopez is an American professional boxer famous by his nickname The Takeover and El Brooklyn. He is also a former unified lightweight world champion. Lopez won the IBF lightweight title in 2019 and recently obtained the WBA (Super), WBO, and Ring magazine titles defeating former champion Vasyl Lomachenko. Lopez is ranked as the world's best active lightweight by BoxRec, and ESPN and second by the Transnational Boxing Rankings Board.

Lopez stands at the height of 5 ft 8 in (173 cm). His reach is 68 1⁄2 in (174 cm), and he competes in the lightweight division. Lopez was interested in pursuing a career in this field from an early age. So, at 6, he moved to Florida and began training with his father. So, there is also massive support from his father in Lopez's success in the boxing field.

How Much Is Teopfimo’s Net Worth? Explore His Earnings From Boxing

Lopez is among the highest earnings boxers and will soon be the highest-paid in the lightweight division. Teofimo's net worth is estimated to be over $2 million. His against Vasyl Lomachenko earned him the guaranteed purse of $1.25 million, while his opponent Loma earned $3.25 million.

Teofimo Teofimo Lopez promoting a brand.  SOURCE: Instagram @teofimolopez

In addition, Lopez received 40% of the paycheck earned from PPV shares, while the other 60% will go to Loma. This is also the highest fight purse of Lopez. Earlier, he earned $400,000 against Richard Commey

According to Sports Payouts, Lopez took home a whopping $2.1 million in a fight against George Kambosos Jr. After facing Pedro Campa, Lopez had a total payout of $1.7 million

Meet Lopez’s Wife, Cynthia Lopez: Insights on Their Married Life

The former unified lightweight champion Lopez is already a married man. He tied the wedding knot with his Nicaragua-native girlfriend, Cynthia Lopez, on April 23, 2019, in Jonesboro, Arkansas. The couple met on a plane in 2018 and married a year later. They started dating after Lopez was 21 years old. When they first met, Cynthia was a Delta flight attendant and still works there, so he gets to fly for free in Delta. 

Lopez told his family at the last minute of his marriage. His family disapproved of his wedding as they thought he was still young.

While opening up, Lopez said,

"I never said I didn't like her. But everything was too fast. Why she so desperate? What was your rush?"

Jenny Lopez said about her son getting married. His father also said words of disapproval as he wanted to son to until his bout against Loma.

Teofimo Teofimo Lopez with his wife, Cynthia.  SOURCE: Instagram @teofimolopez

"I didn't want to be there. But I did it for my son."

Likewise, Lopez's sisters were also against his marriage. It is reported that they don't have good terms with his wife, Cynthia, who is three years older than him. After marrying, the Lopez couple went to Greece for their honeymoon vacation. Moreover, Lopez and his wife are also the proud parents of a son named Lopez Jr, born on November 16, 2021

A Look at Teofimo Lopez Early Life and Family

Teofimo Andres Lopez Rivera on July 30, 1997, in Brooklyn, New York, at the former NYU Lutheran Medical Center in Brooklyn. He was born to a Honduran immigrant father, Teofimo Lopez Sr., and his mother, Jenny. His father was a drug dealer who started training him when he was 6.

Teofimo Lopez and his father. SOURCE: ESPN

Teopfimo's family moved to Florida, where his father left drug dealing and started working as a limo driver. Lopez grew up with his siblings, but their details are missing from the web.


Latest Bio