- Date of Birth
- Age 31 Years Old
- Famous Name Greg Monroe
- Country United States US
- Birth Name Gregory Keith Monroe Jr.
- Birth Place New Orleans, Louisiana
- Famous Name Greg Monroe
- Horoscope Gemini
- Father Gregory Monroe Sr.
- Mother Norma Jean Monroe
- Net Worth $50 million
- Salary $2.16 million
- Past Team Detroit Pistons, Milwaukee Bucks, Phoenix Suns, & Boston Celtics
- Siblings Brittany Monroe
- School Location Harvey, Louisiana
- Points 21.0
- Rebounds 14.0
- University Team Georgetown University
- Contract 1 year, $2.16 million
- Career Earnings $73.5 million
- No. of Twitter Followers 42.6K
- No. of Instagram Followers 128K
- Position in Team center
- No. of Siblings 1
- Current team Toronto Raptors
- Nationality American
- Ethnicity Afro-American
- Profession Basketball Player
- Famous for as a player of Detroit Pistons (2010-15)
- Started career as Basketball Player
- Currently Working For Toronto Raptors
- Awards NBA All-Rookie Second Team (2011), Pete Newell Big Man Award (2010), McDonald's All-American (2008) & many more
- University attended Georgetown University
- School attended Helen Cox High School
- Graduated year 2008–2010
- Currently Married Unmarried
- Tatto(s) Yes
Greg Monroe is an American professional Basketball Player player who plays in the National Basketball Association (NBA). Monroe currently plays for the Toronto Raptors as their center.
Monroe has an estimated net worth of over $50 million. He is currently signed to a one-year contract with the Toronto Raptors and will make $2.16 million as salary for the 2018-19 season.
Greg Monroe's Early Life
Gregory Keith Monroe Jr. was born on June 4, 1990, in New Orleans, Louisiana to parents Gregory Monroe Sr. and Norma Jean Monroe. As per his nationality, he is American and belongs to Afro-American ethnic group.
Monroe attended Helen Cox High School in Harvey, Louisiana where he played for his high school basketball team. During his senior season, he held an average of 21.0 points and 14.0 rebounds.
After completing high school, Gregory Keith Monroe Jr. enrolled at Georgetown University and played for the Georgetown University. He was named to All-Big East first team and Big East All-Tournament team, in his sophomore season. He forewent his senior season to enter the 2010 NBA Draft.
Greg Monroe's Professional Life
The Detroit Pistons selected Greg Monroe with their seventh overall pick in the 2010 NBA draft. He signed with the Pistons on July 6, 2010. In his rookie season with the Pistons, he played in 80 games recording of an average of 9.4 points, 7.5 rebounds, 1.3 assists and 1.2 steals per game.
The Milwaukee Bucks signed Greg Monroe to a three-year, $50 million contract on July 9, 2015. In his first season with the Bucks, he ended the season with an average of 15.3 points, 8.8 rebounds, and 2.3 assists. The Bucks traded Monroe to Phoenix Suns on November 7, 2017, in exchange for Eric Bledsoe.
Monroe played 20 games for the Suns and was waived by the Suns on February 1, 2018. He was signed by the Boston Celtics on February 8, 2019. He ended the season with an average of 10.2 points, 6.3 rebounds, 2.3 assists and 1.1 steals playing 26 games for the Celtics.
Greg Monroe's Personal Life
Greg Monroe is not married to date. Less is known about his love life as he has not opened about it. He has not been rumored to be seeing anyone at the moment which suggests that he may be single at the time.
Monroe does not have a child of his own but is very close to his nephew. He has often posted pictures of his nephew on his Instagram account.
Greg Monroe's Net Worth
Greg Monroe has an estimated net worth of over $50 million as of 2018. Since his debut in NBA, Monroe has made earnings of $73.5 million.
He reportedly signed a 1 year, $2.16 million worth contract with Toronto Raptors in 2018. His salary for the 2018-19 season will be $2.16 million.