Argentina vs Saudi Arabia: Prediction, Head to Head, Time, Possible Line up, Players to Watch, Team History, and Betting Odds

Tue Nov,2022
Argentina vs Saudi Arabia: Prediction, Head to Head, Time, Possible Line up, Players to Watch, Team History, and Betting Odds Soccer

The big day is finally here. The first match of Group C for the FIFA World Cup 2022 is on Tuesday, November 22 which will take place at the Lusail Iconic Stadium between Argentina and Saudi Arabia. The Argentine team has many quality players, which is why it's surprising that they only won two World Cups.

On the other hand, Saudi Arabia is also ready to face the two times World Cup champions. The Saudi team will need to be perfectly organized in their own half and ready to hit the Argentines on the break when chances to counterattack present themselves.

So, the first group C game of FIFA World Cup 2022 will be pretty interesting as both teams have faced each other four times in the past. Fans worldwide have predicted that the game will end with Argentina scoring 3 goals while Saudi Arabia will lose the first game by netting just a goal. 

Here's everything you should know about their histories and preparations for their first game in the 2022 World Cup. 

World Cup 2022: Facts on Group C First Game Between Argentina & Saudi Arabia

  • Argentina has remained unbeaten in all of its four matches with Saudi Arabia.
  • Argentina is one of the three South American teams to have lifted the FIFA World Cup trophy, alongside Brazil and Uruguay.
  • Argentina and Saudi Arabia last played in 2012 friendly which ended 0-0.
  • Saudi Arabia lost 5-0 to hosts Russia in the opening game in 2018, then 1-0 to Uruguay before beating Egypt 2-1 in their final game of the group stage.

Team History


Current FIFA world ranking: 3
World Cup titles: 2
World Cup appearances: 17
How they qualified: After finishing as the runner-up in the CONMEBOL qualifying tournament
Coach: Lionel Scaloni
Captain: Lionel Messi
Key players: Lionel Messi, Emiliano Martinez, Cristian Romero, Rodrigo de Paul, Lautaro Martinez

Saudi Arabia

Current FIFA world ranking: 51
World Cup titles: 0
World Cup appearances: 5
How they qualified: Through the Asian qualification process
Coach: Herve Renard
Captain: Salman Al-Faraj
Key players:
Abdulelah Al-Amri, Yasser Al-Shahrani, Salman Al-Faraj, Salem Al-Dawsari, Firas Al-Buraikan

Argentina vs Saudi Arabia: Time, Date, Stadium, Location

Kick-off Time: 5 am ET / 10 am GMT / 12 pm CAT / 3:30 pm IST
Date: Tuesday, November 22, 1300, local (1000 GMT/1100 ET)
Stadium: Lusail Iconic Stadium
Location: Lusail, Qatar

Where To Watch Argentina vs Saudi Arabia?

The interesting match between Argentina and Saudi Arabia is on November 22, Tuesday. So, you can watch and enjoy the match via the below platforms.

  • FS1
  • Sling TV
  • Telemundo
  • DirecTV Stream
  • Peacock Premium
  • Vidgo
  • Sling Blue

Possible Lineup

Argentina's Possible Lineup:

Emiliano Martinez, Nahuel Molina, Cristian Romero, Lisandro Martinez, Marcos Acuna, Rodrigo De Paul, Guido Rodriguez, Angel Di Maria, Lionel Messi, Julian Alvarez, Lautaro Martinez

Saudi Arabia's Possible Lineup:

Mohammed Al-Owais, Mohammed Al-Breik, Abdulelah Al-Amri, Ali Al-Bulaihi, Yasser Al-Shahrani, Mohamed Kanno, Abdulelah Al-Malki, Saleh Al-Shehri, Salman Al-Faraj, Salem Al-Dawsari, Firas Al-Buraikan

Prediction (3-1)

Argentina is one of the best and most famous picks for the December World Cup title. Their first game in the group stage shouldn't show any difficulty for them. The Argentine team easily qualified for the tournament in first place with no losses, and they have one of the best arrays of footballers to pick from, so winning shouldn't be a problem for Messi's team. 

On the other side, Saudi Arabia drew the short stick when they were pulled to play in the group stage games against Argentina, Poland, and Mexico. The Argentine team is watching out for Firas Al-Buraikan who is the team's best shot at striking back.

Critics on the internet claim Argentina has an 86% probability to win the game while Saudi Arabia has just 4% while there is a 10% chance of the match ending with a draw. 

Betting Odds for Argentina vs Saudi Arabia

  • Argentina vs. Saudi Arabia spread: Argentina -2.5 (+140) 
  • Argentina vs. Saudi Arabia over/under: 2.5 goals
  • Argentina vs. Saudi Arabia money line: Argentina -675, Saudi Arabia +1900, Draw +600
  • Argentina has won their five recent friendly matches by a combined score of 19-0.
  • Saudi Arabia has scored at least once in 12 of their past 14 official matches.