- Date of Birth
- Age 36 Years Old
- Famous Name Philip Wheeler
- Country United States US
- Birth Name Philip Gregory Wheeler
- Birth Place Columbus, Georgia
- Famous Name Philip Wheeler
- Horoscope Sagittarius
- Mother Phyllis Dent
- Net Worth $14 million dollars
- Salary $570,000 dollars
- Past Team Indianapolis Colts, Oakland Raiders, Miami Dolphins, San Francisco 49ers, Atlanta Falcons,and Arizona Cardinals
- School Location GA
- University Team Georgia Tech
- Career Earnings $14 million dollars
- No. of Twitter Followers 16.9k
- No. of Instagram Followers 42.2k
- Position in Team linebacker
- Current team free agent
- Nationality American
- Ethnicity Afro-American
- Profession NFL player
- Famous for football
- Started career as football player
- Awards Second-team All-ACC
- University attended Georgia Tech
- School attended Shaw High School
- Married to Ashley Nicole Roberts
- Children Philip Wheeler II
Philip Wheeler is an American professional football player who is currently a free agent. He was selected by the Indianapolis Colts in the third round of the 2008 NFL Draft. He has played for other teams like the Oakland Raiders, Miami Dolphins, San Francisco 49ers, Atlanta Falcons, and Arizona Cardinals.
As a linebacker, Philip Gregory Wheeler reportedly earns around $570,000 as his yearly salary. Further, Philip Gregory Wheeler has an estimated net worth of over $14 million.
Accumulated a Net Worth Over $14 Million
As of 2019, Philip Gregory Wheeler has an estimated net worth of over $14 million. Further, the NFL player is currently a free agent, so, he has no source of earnings right now.
Philip Gregory Wheeler so far has made earnings of $18,409,891 from his entire NFL career. The most recent earnings he made was $132,941 as a Cardinals' player.
As per his last contract, he signed 1 year, $900,000 contract with the Arizona Cardinals which included $900,000 as an annual average salary.
Some of the contract details of his professional career:
- Signed a 4 year $2.39 million contract with Indianapolis (IND) on JUL 24 2008
- Signed a 1 year $700k contract with Oakland (OAK) on MAR 30 2012
- Signed a 5 year $26 million contract with Miami (MIA) on MAR 12 2013
- Signed a 1 year $1 million contract with San Francisco (SF) on APR 30 2015
- Signed a 1 year $965k contract with Atlanta (ATL) on MAR 24 2016
- Signed a 1 year $980,000 contract with Arizona (ARI) on JUL 28 2017
Marital Relationship With Ashley Nicole Robers
Philip Wheeler is married to his wife, Ashley Nicole Roberts. The couple tied the knot during a romantic beachside wedding in Curacao on May 14, 2017.
They exchanged vows at sunset before some 100 guests. Together, they have two sons named Philip Wheeler II and Phox Philip Wheeler.
View this post on Instagram
Philip Wheeler is currently living happily with his beautiful family. His relationship with his wife is going on strong as ever without rumors of external affairs.
Philip Gregory Wheeler is not only a world-class athlete but also has a very attractive individual. The famous NFL star is 6 feet 2 inches in height and weighs around 111 kg.
Philip Gregory Wheeler was born on December 12, 1984, in Columbus, Georgia to parents, Phyllis Dent. As per his nationality, he is American and belongs to the Afro-American ethnic group. Further, his star sign is Sagittarius.
Philip Gregory Wheeler attended Shaw High School in GA where he played for his high school football team. After completing high school, Philip Gregory Wheeler enrolled at the Georgia Tech and played for the Georgia Tech.
Philip Wheeler was selected by the Indianapolis Colts in the third round (93rd pick) of the 2008 NFL Draft and played for the Colts from 2008 to 2011. He signed a one-year contract with the Oakland Raiders on March 30, 2012, and had a career year totaling 109 tackles, three sacks, and two forced fumbles.
Wheeler later signed with the Miami Dolphins on March 12, 2013, to a 5-year, $25 million deal with $13 million guaranteed as a replacement for Kevin Burnett. Wheeler was released by the Dolphins in March 2015.
Wheeler was signed by the San Francisco 49ers on April 30, 2015, and was released by the 49ers on September 4. He signed with the Atlanta Falcons on October 20, 2015.
In the 2016 season, Wheeler and the Falcons reached Super Bowl LI, where they played against the New England Patriots on February 5, 2017. In the Super Bowl, he had one total tackle.
On July 27, 2017, Wheeler signed with the Arizona Cardinals and was released on September 8, 2017, but was re-signed a few days later to be released again on September 15, 2017. However, he re-signed a few days later, only to be released again on September 25.