Today is the first game of Group F at the FIFA World Cup 2022. And the game is between Morocco and Croatia. The two teams are facing each other for the first time at World Cup on Wednesday at the Al Bayt Stadium. The Croatian team is playing in their third straight World Cup and has finished as the runners-up in the previous World Cup. So, they are expected to do pretty well in Qatar.
On the other hand, Morocco has qualified for the World Cup for the 2nd time in a row, though their 2018 campaign finished in the group stage. So, both squads have prepared well, and the first game of Group F will be pretty interesting.
Morocco vs Croatia Match Preview
- This is the first time Morocco and Croatia face each other in the World Cup.
- This will be the first World Cup fixture for the Croatian team since losing to France in the final four years ago.
- Croatia crashed out of the Euro 2020 last-16 after losing to Spain 5-3, but have won 15 out of the last 16 games.
- This World Cup will be Morocco's 6th appearance at FIFA World Cup. Despite that, they have not progressed past the group stage since 1986.
- The Moroccan team has just won one of their last 10 FIFA World Cup matches, and it was against Scotland in 1998.
Players To Watch
For Croatia, Captain Luka Modric is likely to play a key role. Likewise, Marcelo Brozovi is also one of the players to watch who has been doing pretty well for the past four years.
Where and When Is Morocco vs Croatia?
Kick-off Time: 5 am ET / 10 am GMT / 12 pm CAT / 3:30 pm IST
Date: November 23, 2022 (Wednesday)
Stadium: Al-Bayt Stadium
Location: Al Khor, Qatar
Possible Lineups of Morocco vs Croatia
Morocco's Possible Lineup
Yassine Bounou, Achraf Hakimi, Romain Saiss, Nayef Aguerd, Noussair Mazraoui, Azzedine Ounahi, Sofyan Amrabat, Selim Amallah, Hakim Ziyech, Youssef En-Nesyri, Sofiane Boufal
Croatia's Possible Lineup
Dominik Livakovic, Josip Stanisic, Dejan Lovren, Josko Gcvardiol, Borna Barisic, Luka Modric, Marcelo Brozovic, Mateo Kovacic, Nikola Vlasic, Bruno Petkovic, Ivan Perisic
Morocco vs Croatia Prediction: Who Will Win in Their First Encounter at World Cup?
Both Morocco and Croatia are in fine-scoring form heading into their maiden clash of the World Cup 2022. Morocco, aka the Atlas Lions, has a strong team, with most of their first-team players playing in the top European leagues. The Atlas Lions still need to live up to their possibility at international tournaments. They couldn't move forward after the quarter-finals in the Africa Cup of Nations last year.
So, the Moroccan squad will be looking to avoid the underachiever label in this competition, and they are hoping for the best. In the same way, Croatia, aka The Blazers, has added a few new faces to their team since their appearance in 2018 final.
Croatia has a lot of classes all around the field, and they are also ready to face Morocco for the first time at World Cup.
Even though Croatia is the favorite to win, hopes are high that the Atlas Lions will produce a strong performance. So, we say Morocco 2 - Croatia 3. We will give you more updates on the game, so keep visiting PlayersWiki.
Morocco vs Croatia Betting Odds
- Croatia vs Morocco spread: Croatia -0.5 (+115)
- Croatia vs Morocco over/under: 2.5 goals
- Croatia vs Morocco money line: Croatia +114, Morocco +270, Draw +210
- The Croatians have let three goals in their last six matches.
- The Moroccans have outscored their rivals 14-3 over their last seven matches.