- Date of Birth
- Age 37 Years Old
- Famous Name Karen Thatcher
- Country United States US
- Birth Name Karen Elizabeth Thatcher
- Birth Place Pennsylvania
- Famous Name Karen Thatcher
- Horoscope Aquarius
- Net Worth $500,000
- Past Team Friars Ice Hockey Team
- University Team Providence Friars women's Ice Hockey Team
- Position in Team Forward
- Nationality American
- Ethnicity American
- Profession Physical Therapist
- Famous for Retired Ice Hockey Player
- Current City Pennsylvania
- University attended Providence College
- Graduated year 2006
- World Cup Game 1
Karen Thatcher, an American Native ice hockey player who retired in 2013. She used to play as a forward for the Friars ice hockey team and graduated her Collegiate degree from Providence College in 2006. She studied Doctor of Physical Therapy at Ohio State University. The Former Ice Hockey Player played since 2002 and got retired as Friars player.
The Aquarian was born on 29th February 1984 in Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania. She played professional hockey for 8 years straight, during this course, she even studied physical therapy. After the completion of her study, she became a physicist who currently helps other athletes to reach their full potential in their careers.
How much is the Ex-National player actually worth?
The American Athlete has a net worth equal to $500,000 in 2020. An international ice hockey player usually earns around 15,000-20,000 annually during their active career and other incentives provided by the team for their incredible performances. Similarly, Thatcher along with other teammates like Hilary Knight and Meghan Duggan, etc also makes similar earnings.
Thatcher has won two International Gold Medal in the IIHF World Women's Championships in 2008 and 2009. Similarly, she has bagged another gold in the Women's 4 Nations Cup in 2011.
The primary income source of the International player comes by providing good treatment to the athletes having mental difficulties in their career.
The journey from a Athlete to a Certified Physical Therapist
The Beauty with the Brain might sound exaggerating but not in the case of Thatcher, she has obtained the Doctorate in Physical Therapist at Ohio State University.
“I realized then the difference therapists made in people’s lives,’’ said Thatcher, the former athlete understood what a difference that she can make through physical therapy as per the reports from BostonGlobe.
Like Angela James, a former ice hockey player and coach, Karen also enjoys coaching her junior players as well as providing therepy sessions to prepare them mentally in their journey.
Does Karen Thatcher have a Boyfriend?
The 5' 5'' tall Karen hasn't shared any information about her Romantic life. She is closed about her relationship matter. There isn't any official news about her relationship but after scrolling through her twitter account, the 35-years-old is seen with someone who might be the lucky one for Thatcher.
Information about the person beside Karen is still unknown. However, the picture was taken in Boston city in 2014 kissing a man who is rumored to be her boyfriend.
Karen enjoys working out and staying active, traveling, spending time with her family and friends, walking her dog, and watching and playing sports including football and hockey.
Karen started her career in the Providence university playing under Providence Friars women's ice hockey team. the Friars won the inaugural Eastern College Athlete Conference Women's Championship in 2004 and 2005. She joined British Columbia Breakers of the Western Women's Hockey Team. The following year joining the Vaughan Flames of the Canadian Hockey team.
She joined Minnesota Whitecaps to the league championship in 2008-09. Having the strength that she posses, the all-time favorite Karen Thatcher also played for the National Team multiple times and performed outstandingly for her Country.
Awards and Honors
- Providence Hockey East All-Decade Team
- Most Valuable Player, Pool B, 2007 Esso Canadian Woman's Nationals
- Top Forward, Pool B, 2007 Esso Canadian Women's Nationals
- Top 10 Finalist, 2006 Patty Kazmaier Awards
- 2004 HOCKEY EAST Sportsman Award
- HOCKEY EAST Player of the week Honors two times (11/8/04), and (1/31/05)
- Named to the 2002-03 ECAC All-Rookie Team
- Boston Bruins John Carlton Awards in 2002
- Hockey East 10th Anniversary Team Selection
- American Physical Therapy Association's Mary Mcmillan Scholarship Award (2017)
- The Sports Physical Therapy Section's Outstanding Student Award (2017)
Stay tuned to Playerswiki for more information