- Date of Birth
- Age 35 Years Old
- Famous Name Itumeleng Khune
- Country South Africa ZA
- Father Elias Khune
- No. of Instagram Followers 1M
- Father Nationality South African
- Market Value 500 th Euro
- Mother Flora Khune
- Birth Name Itumeleng Isaac Khune
- Net Worth $4M
- Mother Nationality South African
- Currently Married Married
- Siblings 5
- Salary $350,400
- Married to Sphelele Makhunga
- Birth Country Ventersdrop
- Famous Name Itumeleng Khune
- Children 2
- Divorce No
- Contract June 30, 2023
- Wife profession Event Manager
- Horoscope Gemini
- Position in Team Goal Keeper
- Wife nationality South African
- Wife working for Own business
- Nationality South African
- Current team Kaizer Chiefs
- Ethnicity Black
- Awards Footballer of the year, Goalkeeper of the year
- Cars Audi, BMW and Mercedes benz
- Current City Johannesburg
- Religion Christian
- Profession Football Player
- Is played fifa word cup 2018 No
- Famous for Goal Keeper
- Started career as Football player
- Caps 91
- World Cup Game Yes
- Currently Club Kaizer Chiefs
- University attended RW Fick
- School attended St Barnabas, Westridge, New Nation
Itumeleng Khune is a professional South African football player. He plays for Kaizer Chiefs in the Premier League Soccer and a South African National team. He plays as a goalkeeper for his team. He wears jersey number 32 for his team.
Khune is captain of both Kaizer chiefs and South Africa. He saves penalties of Esrm Nyandro and Peter Ndlovu against Mamelodi Sundowns on the Telkom Knockout tournament final. On 2009 June 20, he also saved a penalty of David Villa in a group stage match against Spain in the 2009 FIFA Confederations Cup. Khune is known for his quick reflex and distribution.
Childhood and Family
Itumeleng Isaac Khune, professionally known as Itumeleng Khune, was born on June 20, 1987. He was born in Ventersdrop, South Africa. He is the son of Elias Khune and Flora Khune.
His father, Elias, also played amateur football, but he is a driver at a mine in Carletonville by profession. His mother's information is not much available.
At first, he was in love with cricket, but he eventually decided to make his career in football. He went to New nation, St Barnabas, Westridge, and RW Fick High Schools. He is one of the six children of his parents. His younger brother Luky Khune is also a football player and currently played for Chippa United in PSL.
He lost his younger sister in May 2021 due to a house fire. Information about other siblings is not provided.
He is from a Black ethnic background, and he stands 5 feet 11 inches tall and 76 kgs in weight. His birth sign is Gemini.
What is Itumeleng Khune's Net worth, Salary, and Market value?
Since 2004 he has been playing his senior career from Kaizer Chiefs. He is also the captain of Kaizer Chiefs. Monthly, he makes $29,200, which sums up to $350,400 in a year. He is one of the highest-paid players in Kaizer.
On June 2, 2018, he had his highest market value of 1.25M Euro. As of 2022, his market value has decreased to 500 Th Euro. His net worth is $4M. He lives in his own house with his family. Khune has a collection of vehicles from Audi to Mercedes Benz and BMW.
His contract with the Chiefs ends on June 30, 2023.
Khune joined PSL club Kaizer in 1999 as a defender for trails. But his coach converted him as a goalkeeper.
Due to his excellent performance regularly, he was promoted to the first team in 2004. Sine 2004, he s representing Kaizer in multiple tournaments over 260 games. He has played for only one club since his debut.
He started his South African career in 2009 for the FIFA Confederations Cup. Selectors choose him as a first-choice goalkeeper. He also captained his team in the 2014 African Championship.
He also represented Bafana in Summer Olympics 2016. He displayed a fantastic performance and also saved Brazilian star Neymar's penalty.
Read more.Lebohang Maboe
- PSL Footballer of the year 2012/2013
- PSL players of the season 2007/2008, 2012/2013
- South Africa sportsman of the year 2013
- South Africa newcomer of the year 2008
- Telkom player and goalkeeper of the tournament 2007
- PSL goalkeeper of the season 2001/08, 2012/13, 2013/14
- Kaizer Chief player of the season 2007/08, 2012/13
- Nedbank player of the Tournament 2013
See more: Trevin Wade
Khune's Wife and Children
The shot-stopper, Khune, is happily married to his wife. Sphelele Makhunga. She is an event organizer and manager in South Africa. And also a popular model. She is ten years younger than her husband.
They tied their knot on November 16, 2019. this couple is blessed with two daughters. On June 6, 2021, Khune welcomed his younger daughter by posting on Instagram.
Itumeleng Khune is a kind-hearted person, and he donated R150 000 to a nursing home located on Ventersdrop, North West. The Minister of Sports and Recreation also applauds him.
Also, read: Konstantin Maradishvili