England vs USA. It's a big day for both nations as they are looking to seal their spot in the last 16 in Qatar. England will qualify for the knockout stage if they win this clash. But a loss for the USA could leave them struggling.
The game happening between England and USA is happening on November 25 at 10 pm (19:00 GMT). Meanwhile, it is one of the most anticipated games of the World Cup group stage. So, here's everything you need to know before watching England vs the USA.
England vs USA: Match Preview
- England will be looking to build on Monday's promising performance and has been uplifted by news that Harry Kane is predicted to be fit to play after he recuperated from an ankle injury picked up in their opening fixture.
- The American players will be seeking an improved showing after an initially fantastic start versus Wales on Monday have disappointing 1-1 draw, with Bale's second-half penalty canceling out Weah's 36th-minute opener.
- The USA hasn't kept a clean sheet in any of their last 18 World Cup games against European countries.
- England won 3-0 the last time they faced the USA in a friendly match in November 2018.
Possible Starting XIs
England: Jordan Pickford, Kieran Trippier, John Stones, Harry Maguire, Luke Shaw, Declan Rice, Jude Bellingham, Mason Mount, Bukayo Saka, Harry Kane, Raheem Sterling
USA: Matt Turner, DeAndre Yedlin, Walker Zimmerman, Tim Ream, Antonee Robinson, Kellyn Acosta, Tyler Adams, Cristian Roldan, Timothy Weah, Josh Sargent, Christian Pulisic
Players To Watch At England vs USA
England has a star-studded side and did remarkably well against Iran. It is hard to find a key player for the English team. Harry Kane and Jude Bellingham will be two players to watch out for Gareth Southgate's side.
On the other hand, the USA has a golden generation of football players at their hands right now, but Christian Pulisic is their crucial man without any shadow of a doubt.
World Cup 2022: England vs USA Prediction & Betting Odds
The USA played really well against Wales and was unlucky not to win, but they will be significant underdogs against England.
We Predict England 3-1 USA
Also, the United Nations team can pack a punch on their day and have unsettled the English team at the World Cup in the past. As we know, England is in better form now, due to which we've predicted them to score three goals.
Here are betting lines and trends for England vs USA provided by CBS Sports:
- England vs USA spread: England -0.5 (-180)
- England vs USA over/under: 2.5 goals
- England vs USA money line: USMNT +525, England -185, Draw +300
- USA: Pulisic has five goals in his past 13 USMNT games
- England: Harry Kane has 15 goals in his past 17 international games
Where and When To Watch England vs USA?
Match Date & Time: Friday, November 25, at 10 pm (19:00 GMT)
Stadium: Al Bayt Stadium
Location: Al Khor, Qatar