- Famous Name Brad Brownell
- Country United States US
- Birth Name Bradley Robert Brownell
- Birth Place Evansville, Indiana
- Famous Name Brad Brownell
- Father Robert Brownell
- Mother Genevieve Brownell
- Net Worth $5 Million
- Position in Team Head coach
- Current team Clemson
- Nationality American
- Ethnicity White
- Profession College Basketball Coach
- Currently Married Yes
- Married to Paula
- Children Two
Bradley Robert Brownell a.k.a. Brad Brownell is an American college basketball coach who is currently standing as the head coach at Clemson University, a position he held since 2010. 2× CAA Coach of the Year had the same role at Wright State (2005-2010) and UNC Wilmington (2002-2005).
Evansville, Indiana native, Brad Brownell was born on 15th November 1958, under the star sign Scorpio. The son of Genevieve Brownell and Robert Brownell, he holds an American nationality and belongs to a white ethnic background. A former player, he finished his high school career at William Henry Harrison High School and then DePauw University, graduating in 1991.
How Much Is Brad Brownell Net Worth In 2021? Salary & Contract
Brad Brownell is currently under a six-year contract worth $15 million with Clemson which he signed on 19th July 2018. The deal will keep him until 2024. As reported, his average pay increases to $2.5 million per annum. Earlier, the coach was scheduled to receive $1.9 million this season before that bumped up to $2 million for each of the final two seasons of his old deal.
He is currently ranked #52 in the pay list where Kentucky's John Calipari hit the 1st position with an annual salary of $8,095,800.
Besides salary, the head coach enjoys a performance incentive which is listed below.
- $150,000 for the first seed in ACC Tourney
- $125,000 for the second seed in ACC Tourney
- $100,000 for the third seed in ACC Tourney
- $75,000 for the fourth seed in ACC Tourney
- $100,000 for ACC Tournament champion
- $50,000 for NCAA Tournament appearance
- $50,000 for each NCAA Tournament win in the First Four or first two rounds
- $75,000 each for NCAA Tournament Sweet 16 and Elite 8 wins
- $100,000 Win in Final Four
- $250,000 for NCAA Tournament Champion
- $25,000 for AP or USBWA ACC Coach of Year
- $50,000 AP or USBWA National Coach of Year
- $25,000 APR of 950 or higher
As of 2021, his net worth is $5 million.
Brad Brownell's Wife: Is He Married?
Brad Brownell is married for a long time now. He tied the knot with Paula who he met around the time he transferred to DePauw University. His wife, Paula, born Paula Ann Dingmann was born on June 26, 1969, in Indiana.
Today the couple is blessed with two daughters; Clemson student Abby and Kate, a junior in high school as reported.
Journey From Assistant To Head Coach
Immediately upon graduation, Brad went into coaching and joined Evansville as an assistant. The following year in 1992, he held the same role at Indianapolis until 1994 and then to UNC Wilmington (1994-2002). In 2002, he was promoted to head coach at Wilmington where he served until 2006. earning 2 CAA regular season (2003, 2006) and 2 CAA Tournament (2003, 2006).
Then he arrived at Wright State in 2006, Wright State, where he 2007 Horizon League regular season and Horizon League Tournament. In 2010, he was hired as the head coach of Clemson.
Stay Tuned With Playerswiki