- Famous Name
- Birth Name Alexander Peter Delvecchio
- Birth Place Fort William, Ontario, Canada
- Famous Name Alex Delvecchio
- Birth Date 4 December 1931
- Horoscope Sagittarius
- Net Worth $15 million
- Height 5' 11''
- Nationality Canadian
- Profession Hockey Player
- Married to Judy Munro
Playing 24 seasons for the same team, Alexander Peter Delvecchio is a Canadian former ice hockey player who later became the coach and the General Manager of the Detroit Red Wings. He spent his entire career devoted to Detroit Red Wings at the National Hockey League.
Peter was born on 4 December 1931 under the star sign Sagittarius. He was born in Fort William, Ontario, Canada.
Alex Delvecchio Net Worth and Career Earnings from NHL
The Centre wing for the Detroit Red Wing dedicated 25 glorious years of his life playing for the Detroit and before that playing for different teams. As a Red Wing, he played 1549 games staying behind Steve Yzerman and Nicklas Lidstrom.
After retiring from the front lines, he was immediately named the head coach for the same and a year later, he was also named the General manager. He fulfilled both the roles marvelously until retiring in 1977 to start another chapter in his life.
Regardless, the Hall of Fame inductee has obviously earned some decent cash while working for the Detroit Red Wings. His net worth as of 2020, is estimated to be $15 million.
Alex Delvecchio Family: Who is he married to?
The Fort William, Ontario native is married to Judy Munro. Apart from being married to Judy, there aren't any reliable sources of information as to where and when they had their wedding. However, there is no news of them having any controversies or affairs after their marriage.
Although we have no information about his children, what we do know is that he is a "Honoured Member" of the Detroit Red Wings Alumni Association which helps raise money for children's charities in Metro Detroit.
Alex Delvecchio Consistent Performer
The 5' 11'' has been a consistent performer throughout his entire career. He rarely missed any of his games during his active career. In 1956-57, he missed 22 games because of a broken ankle.
Other than that he missed only 14 games over his final sixteen years of his career. This was also one of the factors for his induction into the Hall of Fame.
Alex Delvecchio Autographed Hockey Cards
Autograph signed cards are one of the collective items which are collected by the hockey player fans. These cards have different values based on the achievement of the players.
These cards were generally signed by the players and are kept for sale in the 19th century. The Alex Delvecchio card is priced at $833.28 for a single card. This is one of the rare cards in the collection developed in the 1950s.
- Third all-time in games played in a Red Wings uniform behind Nicklas Lidstrom and Gordie Howe
- Lady Byng Trophy (1959, 1966, 1969)
- 3-time Stanley Cup champion with Detroit (1952, 1954, 1955)
- Named a Second Team All-Star in 1953 and 1959
- Played in the All-Star Game 13 times ( 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1958, 1959, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965 and 1967)
- Served as team captain for twelve years
- Remains 11th all-time in NHL history in games played and 27th in points scored.
- Third in points and goals, and fourth in assists, in Red Wings history
- Ranked 82 on The Hockey News' list of the 100 Greatest Hockey Players in 1998.
- Detroit Red Wings #10 retired on November 10, 1991
- On October 16, 2008, The Red Wings unveiled a commemorative statue commissioned by artist Omri R. Amrany.
- Ranked among "100 Greatest NHL Players" in 2017
Stay Tuned with Playerswiki