In their opening campaign, Croatia and Morocco were held to a disappointing 0-0 draw, while Canada was beaten 1-0 by Belgium. Canada, which is competing in its 2nd World Cup, has yet to net a goal in the history of the men's tournament.
In men's international football, Croatia and Canada have never encountered one another. This is their first clash happening on November 27 at Khalifa International Stadium. While Canada has a poor record at the FIFA world cups, The Blazers were the runners-up in 2018 and finished 3rd in 1998.
Keep reading to find out everything about their first encounter.
Croatia vs Canada: Team History
- Croatia and Canada are meeting each other for the first time.
- There have been under 2.5 goals scored in Canada's last four matches in the FIFA World Cup.
- Croatia is winless in their previous five matches at the football's biggest tournament, with three games in that period being decided on penalties.
- The Blazers failed to score for the first time in a match at the FIFA World Cup, as they played out a goalless draw versus Morocco on Wednesday.
Croatia vs Canada Predicted Lineups
Croatia: Dominik Livakovic, Josip Juranovic, Dejan Lovren, Josko Gcvardiol, Borna Sosa, Luka Modric, Marcelo Brozovic, Mateo Kovacic, Andrej Kramaric, Marko Livaja, Ivan Perisic
Canada: Milan Borjan, Richie Laryea, Alistair Johnston, Steven Vitoria, Kamal Miller, Alphonso Davies, Tajon Buchanan, Atiba Hutchinson, Stephen Eustaquio, Cyle Larin, David
Luka Modric and Ivan Perisic are two pillars of Croatia’s 2018 team. Likewise, Alphonso Davies is the top player to monitor for Canada.
Croatia vs Canada Date, Kick-off Time, Venue
Date: Sunday, November 27th
Time: 21:30 IST and 20:00 GST (Gulf Standard Time)
Stadium: Khalifa International Stadium
Location: Al Rayyan, Qatar
Croatia vs Canada Prediction and Betting Odds
Croatia appeared to lack a little in the final third against Morocco on 1st day, with the two squads playing out a goalless draw. Canada created multiple chances against Belgium, even missing a penalty, but still lost the match 1-0. So both squads have a point to prove in this game.
Our Prediction: Croatia 1-0 Canada
So, it can be said that Croatia will look feeble in front of the Canadian squad. As we know, Croatia has a highly experienced team, and we hope they come out on top in this game.
- Moneyline: Croatia +107 (bet $100 to win $107) | Canada +265 (bet $100 to win $265) | Draw +255
- Over/Under: 2.5 (O: +100 | U: -120)