Today on November 25, Wales and Iran will face each other in a Group B match. The two teams will compete at the Ahmad bin Ali Stadium on Friday, aware that a win could take them a critical step toward qualification for the World Cup knockout stages.
Both teams are aware of the critical importance of the game, and they are prepared to face each other. As said above, both of them will fight harder as this win will be a solid move to get into the knockout stages. So, what are today's lineups of these squads?
Keep reading to find out everything about the game between Wales and Iran.
Wales vs. Iran Match Preview
- Wales and Iran are meeting each other for the second time.
- Iran has never beaten a European opponent at the World Cup in nine previous attempts, while Wales has faced Asian opposition seven times in their history and has only conceded once in those matches.
- There have been under 2.5 goals scored in five of Wales' last six matches in the FIFA World Cup.
- Iran has failed to win nine of its last ten games in the FIFA World Cup.
Wales' Predicted Lineup
Wayne Hennessey, Chris Mepham, Joe Rodon, Ben Davies, Davies Connor Roberts, Aaron Ramsey, Ethan Ampadu, Jonny Williams, Daniel James, Gareth Bale, Kieffer Moore
Iran's Predicted Lineup
Hossein Hosseini, Sadegh Moharrami, Morteza Pouraliganji, Rouzbeh Cheshmi, Majid Hosseini, Milad Mohammadi, Alireza Jahanbakhsh, Ahmad Nourollahi, Ali Karimi, Ali Gholizadeh, Mehdi Taremi
Wales vs. Iran Prediction: Who Will Win the Game?
Wales have actually gone six games without a win and have lost four of those six matches, including losses in Nations League action this summer. However, all four of those losses came against squads playing in the World Cup.
Likewise, Iran has won just two of their last five games, although one of those was a 1-0 friendly victory over Uruguay in September. Their defeat to England was their first loss in four games.
So, we say Wales 2-1 Iran
Also, 44% of football fans are in support of Wales, while 26% of them are in favor of Iran. Surprisingly, 30% say the game will end draw. We will keep you updated.
Wales vs. Iran Details To Know
Stadium: Ahmed bin Ali Stadium
Date & Time: Friday, November 25, at 1 pm (10:00 GMT)
FIFA ranking: Wales (19), Iran (20)
Furthermore, you can watch the game on the Sports18 and Sports18 HD TV channels in India and Jio Cinema's app. Also, the website will offer free live streaming of the event.
World Cup 2022 Wales vs. Iran Betting Odds
- Wales vs. Iran spread: Wales -0.5 (+100)
- Wales vs. Iran over/under: 2.5 goals
- Wales vs. Iran money line: Wales +107, Iran +300, Draw +205
- Wales have scored fewer than two goals in eight of their last nine games.
- Iran allowed a total of six tallies in 10 matches before Monday's loss.
Get More Updates On FIFA World Cup 2022 At PlayersWiki