- Date of Birth
- Age 35 Years Old
- Famous Name
- Country United States US
- Birth Name David Edward Phelps
- Birth Place St. Louis, Missouri
- Famous Name David Phelps
- Horoscope Libra
- Net Worth $10 million
- Salary $1,666,658
- Past Team ew York Yankees, Miami Marlins, Seattle Mariners and Toronto Blue Jays
- Career Earnings $18,233,850
- Position in Team Pitcher
- Current team Chicago Cubs
- Nationality American
- Ethnicity White
- Profession Baseball player
- Currently Working For Chicago Cubs
- University attended University of Notre Dame
- School attended Hazelwood West High School
- Currently Married yes
- Married to Maria
- Children 2
An American professional baseball pitcher, David Phelps currently plays for the Chicago Cubs of Major League Baseball (MLB). Previously, he played for the teams like New York Yankees, Miami Marlins, Seattle Mariners and Toronto Blue Jays. Additionally, Yankees selected Phelps as a 14th round pick in the 2005 Major League Baseball draft. Further, Phelps made his professional MLB debut on April 8, 2012, playing for the New York Yankees.
Born as a David Edward Phelps on October 9, 1986, in St. Louis, Missouri. The father of two, David is an American native by birth and belongs to the ethnic group of white. Also, Phelps was born under the star sign, Libra.
Net Worth: $10 million
Playing 8 seasons in the MLB, David has a huge net worth over $10 million. Also, he has amassed $18,233,850 as career earnings. In his entire career, he was lucky enough to sign contracts with different MLB team and as per his last contract he signed 1 year / $2,500,000 deal with Toronto Blue Jays which included $2,500,000 guaranteed, and an annual average salary of $2,500,000.
|2008||New York Yankees||$150,000|
|2012||New York Yankees||$480,000|
|2013||New York Yankees||$512,425|
|2014||New York Yankees||$541,425|
|2019||Toronto Blue Jays||$833,342|
With his current contract with Cubs, David is the 23rd best-paid player of the team while the top earners of the team are Jon Lester and Jason Heyward, having an annual salary of $27,500,000 and $22,500,000 respectively.
Previous Contract Details
- Signed a contract with New York (NYY) on JUN 10 2008
- Signed a 1 year $480k contract with New York (NYY) on MAR 7 2012
- Signed a 1 year $512,425 contract with New York (NYY) on MAR 1 2013
- Signed a 1 year $541,425 contract with New York (NYY) on MAR 3 2014
- Signed a 1 year $1.4 million contract with Miami (MIA) on FEB 13 2015
- Signed a 1 year $2.5 million contract with Miami (MIA), avoiding arbitration on JAN 15 2016
- Signed a 1 year $4.6 million contract with Miami (MIA), settling in arbitration on FEB 9 2017
- Signed a 1 year $5.55 million contract with Seattle (SEA), avoiding arbitration on JAN 12 2018
- Signed a 1 year $2.5 million contract with Toronto (TOR), with a club option for 2020 on JAN 11 2019
In a Marital Relationship with Maria
The famous baseball pitcher, David shares a smooth marital relationship with his wife, Maria. The couple met for the first time when both of them were attending Notre Dame University for their education. Reportedly, the duo's love story began when they were teamed up to work together on an assignment.
The high-school sweetheart's dated for long before they finally decided to tied a knot; however, the exact details about the date and venue of their wedding is not in the media yet. Besides, the couple is a proud parent of two adorable daughters who was born in 2012 and 2013 respectively.
Their Love Story
As mentioned above, the couple is a high school sweetheart as they met for the first time at Notre Daime. Luckily, they were teamed up together for the assignment just because their last names were next to each other alphabetically.
In one of David's interviews, he remembered the moment saying "Because our last names were next to each other alphabetically, we were paired up in an international relations class. We were going to be called upon to discuss our reading assignment with the rest of the class. However, I had not done the required reading, so I told her that I hoped she had. She was very put off by that, and understandably so."
In the same interview, he revealed that he asked Maria out a few weeks after they met for the first time. Eventually, he was rejected and at the same time he accepted the rejection, David said "Even though things almost couldn’t have started off worse, I asked Maria out a few weeks after we first met. She immediately rejected the idea. I deserved the rejection, but didn’t give up. I just knew, somehow in my soul, that we were meant to be together."
After getting a rejection for almost 10 times, David felt that Maria have no interest on him and her lack of interest was refreshingly humbling him. After many heartbreaking rejections, David thought he should be giving much more time to Jesus as he realized that God deserved far more attention than he had been giving. After his countless effort, Maria finally accepted his proposal in 2008 and since then the duo is living a happy life together.
Visit Playerswiki to know more about your favorite sportsperson.