Betting tips for Russia vs Croatia: World Cup 2018, Kickoffs, Venue, Possible Lineups,Team News, and Prediction

Jon Snow
Fri Jul,2018
Betting tips for Russia vs Croatia: World Cup 2018, Kickoffs, Venue, Possible Lineups,Team News, and Prediction Soccer

This Saturday, Russia will clash in the final quarterfinal match of the World Cup 2018 against Croatia for their place in the semi-finals. The 2 nations facing each other for the 4th time entered quarterfinals defeating the opponents in penalty-shootout in Round of 16, where Russia knocked off Spain and Croatia tore apart Denmark's way.

Russia made up as the runner-up of Group A with 6 points after 2 wins over Saudi Arabia and Egypt, and a loss to Uruguay. Croatia was the winner of Group D with 9 points after victory over Argentina, Nigeria, and Iceland. The winner of this match will play with the winner from Sweden vs England in the semi-finals. 

Kick-off time, Venue and Broadcasting

Russia will go on head-on-head with Croatia at Fisht Stadium in Sochi on Saturday, July 7, 2018. The kick-off time is scheduled for 7 pm BST.

The match will be televised live on BBC One and BBC 5 will serve live commentary for English fans while countries with FIFA membership can enjoy the live-action on national channels in television.

The live-stream can be enjoyed online via BBC iPlayer and also with apple store and play store apps. Get ready to witness blink resisting match.

Match History

Russia and Croatia have met 3 times before with no victories for Russia and 2 matches being a draw. The 2 nations met twice in the Euro 2008 qualification round eventually resulting 2 games in a draw, while Croatia netted a  3-1 win in 2015 friendly.

Possible Lineups and Team News

Russian left winger Yuri Zhirkov is expected to be out from the match against Croatia this Saturday with a damaged tendon, while Igor Smolnikov is available again after being suspended for the match against Spain.

Alan Dzagoev is expected to return from the injury joining top scorer Denis Cheryshev in the starting line-up. Also, Russian coach Stanislav Cherchesov hinted the entry of Aleksandr Samedov in the set.

As for Croatia, no suspended players or current fitness issues are reported.

The possible lineups are:

Russia XI: 4-2-3-1 Formation

Goal Keeper: Igor Akinfeev

Defenders:  Ilya Kutepov,  Igor Smolnikov, Sergei Ignashevich, Fyodor Kudryashov.

Defensive Midfielders: Yury Gazinsky, Roman Zobnin

Attacking Midfielders: Alexander Samedov, Denis Cheryshev, Aleksandr Golovin

Forwards: Artem Dzyuba

Croatia XI: 4-1-4-1 Formation

Goalkeeper: Danijel Subasic

Defenders: Sime Vrsaljko, Dejan Lovren, Domagoj Vida, Josip Pivaric

Defensive Midfielder: Marcelo Brozovic

Attacking Midfielders: Ante Rebic, Luka Modric, Ivan Rakitic, Ivan Perisic

Forward: Mario Mandzukic

Betting Tips and Predictions

As reported, the win prediction favors Croatia with a 51% vote, while for the match draw and Russia's win, the probability is 29% and 20% respectively.

Many miracles in the last moment of the games are witnessed in World Cup 2018, so the wait for the clash has become more exciting.

As per Betfair, the possibility of odds are:

  • Russia to win 1-0: 8/1
  • Croatia to win 2-0: 17/2
  • Artem Dzuba to score first: 5/1
  • Ivan Perisic to score: 3/1

The odds are set at 4.0 for Russia's win, which means the investment of $100 will earn $400 bet money in return, while the match draw and Croatia's win are set at 3.1 and 2.2 earning $310 and $220 respectively for the right prediction.

Note: Odds subject to change.